20 inspiring quotes for a more meaningful life.
There are times when it feels as though our lives have no meaning. There's this mad rush for us to grow up, go to school, get a good education, and land a top-paying job, but life isn't always flourishing. Sometimes we get to 30, 40, 50, and we still haven't owned a home. We're still working a measly 9-5 job that can't even maintain a basic life and we feel like a total failure. What have I done wrong all these years? Why am I not further in life? I've been working so hard, but the ends don't ever meet. It can be discouraging at times to take a walk down memory lane, and reflect on the few things we've accomplished during the course of our lives.
The truth is, earning a university or college degree doesn't mean that we'll land a well-paid job in the corporate world. Working hard doesn't mean that we'll someday become a millionaire. On the contrary, having houses, cars and a hefty bank account doesn't mean that our lives will be happier and more fulfilled; materialistic possessions can only do so much and no more. I know how overwhelming it is to feel as though all these years we've done so many things wrong in our lives.
From the beginning of time men have been searching for the meaning of life. Jesus said, ''without me, ye can do nothing.'' John 15:5, ''I'm the way, the truth, and the life.'' John 14:6. So many people go throughout life still searching for its meaning. Some have passed on without ever living a meaningful life.
The choices that we make can either make us or break us in life. Take a moment to reflect on some of the choices that you have made and some of the choices you're about to make now. It's something you must do every day! If you really want a more meaningful life, choose wisely! Are you happier with the choices you've made? Are you spending or investing your time in what matters most?
What is it costing your sanity? Are you helping or hurting others? Are you investing enough time to acquire wisdom, knowledge, and understanding from God? What are your goals in life? Do they align with God's plan for your life? Everything that we do every day comes down to choice. Below I've compiled 20 inspiring quotes that can help us to live a more meaningful life.
In this list you'll find: deep meaning of life quotes, meaning of life quotes bible, purpose of life quotes, meaning of life quotes philosophers, the meaning of life quotes and What is the real meaning of life quotes. Happy reading!
1. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5.
2. ''You can’t have a meaningful life without truth as your guide.'' Carlos Del Valle Click to Tweet
3. ''Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.'' Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. ''Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.'' Paulo Coelho
5. ''Each person’s task in life is to become an increasingly better person.'' Leo Tolstoy
6. ''You can create a lot of meaning in your own life by helping someone else do something that is meaningful to them.'' James Clear
7. ''I would rather die a meaningful death than live a meaningless life.'' Corazon Aquino
8. ''As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has – or ever will have – something inside that is unique to all time. It’s our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing its expression.'' Fred Rogers
9. ''I feel that we’re all lighthouses, and my job is to shine my light as brightly as I can to the darkness.'' Jim Carrey
10. ''The journey isn’t so much about becoming someone. It’s about getting rid of everything that isn’t really you.'' Paulo Coelho
11. ''Never work just for money or for power. They won’t save your soul or help you sleep at night.'' Marian Wright Edelman
12. ''Life’s meaning is not in following someone else, it is in the unfolding of one’s own self. It is not a process of becoming like someone else, it is to be oneself.'' Osho
13. ''The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.'' Michel de Montaigne
14. ''Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.'' J.K. Rowling
15. ''Do what is meaningful, not what is expedient.'' Jordan Peterson
16. ''Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.'' Criss Jami
17. ''Life should not only be lived but it should also be celebrated.''Osho
18. ''You either think you’re the hero or the victim in your own story.'' Ed Latimore
19. ''The meaningful life is not easy but it’s the only one worthwhile.'' Maxime Lagacé'
20.''You will find meaning in life only if you create it. It is poetry to be composed. It is a song to be sung. It is a dance to be danced.'' Osho
Other posts on this blog:
Photo: Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels