50 valuable lessons about life.
When I was a child my mother taught me many things about life. Of all the lessons I got from her. These two never left my mind. She said, work for what you want in life, and never make fun of an ill person, whether they're physically or mentally ill because you never know what will happen to you in life.
Many times I see these so-called funny videos with disabled persons being used for entertainment purposes. I find them quite insensitive and disrespectful to members of the disabled community. We can never tell what will happen to us in life. We are all fighting our battles. Some of us have visible scars, but for others, the wounds are too deep for the eyes to see. Be kind to everyone! Below I've compiled 50 valuable lessons that I've learned in life.
Life Lessons You Must Learn
- Learn to appreciate life, it's your greatest blessing.
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude, you'll be happier every day.
- The poorest man isn't the man without money; it's the man without God.
- Be humble! From the dust you came to the dust, you'll return.
- Never look down on anyone. Greatness is everywhere.
- Treat the janitor and garbage collector with the utmost respect. Someone has to do their job. No one wants to live or work in an unsanitary environment.
- Treat everyone the way you want to be treated.
- Give your best, even if no one's watching.
- There's no karma; you reap what you sow. Life is a cycle.
- Never forget the road you came. One day you may need it to go back home.
- Great leaders don't make followers; they create leaders.
- Give more than you take! Don't give to others what you wouldn't want for yourself.
Life Lessons for Young Adults:
- Pursuing higher education doesn't mean that you'll become rich.
- Education is seen in your behavior, not a piece of paper.
- It isn't an examination paper that determines your potential in life. Some of the world's most successful people dropped out of school. Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, etc.
- You're never too old to learn something new. Don't allow anyone to rush you with their timeline.
- There isn't anyone that knows everything, be teachable!
- There's a lesson in every experience if you're wise enough to find it.
- Never agree to anything before reading the fine prints.
- Your boss isn't your friend. They aren't your enemy either. It's just business!
- Your job isn't a fixed address. Remember you don't live there!
- If you die today, someone else will take your position, today! Take your vacation and sick time. Get some rest!
- Your superiors will always do what's best for business. If they hire you, they can fire you!
- If you refuse to build your dreams. Someone will employ you to build theirs. It's called a salary.
- You won't have your family forever. Make the precious moments count.
- Family isn't always blood. What matters most is that you feel loved.
- Never substitute your job for your family. You can always get a new job. You can't make up for the time you didn't spend with your family.
- Being present in the lives of your loved ones is of more value than expensive gifts.
Life Lessons about social media:
- Social media is a facade. There are many broken people behind profile pictures and filters.
- Influencers are real people. They have issues like everyone else.
- The majority of what you see on social media is a highlight reel. People will share only what they want you to see.
- Many broke people on social media portray a rich lifestyle.
- Never compare your life to that which you see on social media. Sometimes who you dream of becoming doesn't even exist. It's just photoshop!
- Social media has made it easy to circulate fake news. Don't believe everything that you hear!
- Don't get lost in likes, comments, shares, views, and follows. The majority of these people don't know you. What matters most is that you can find real friends when you need them most. There are many fake profiles on social media.
- Keep your personal life off social media.
- Be careful what you're posting and sharing; it may come back to bite you.
Life Lessons for Your Relationships:
- Never take advice from a toxic person. You'll become like them.
- Never make excuses for someone else's wrong behavior. People know exactly what they are doing, and why they're doing it. If they didn't intend to; they'll make the effort to sincerely apologize. Don't deny their true colors.
- Everyone isn't happy about your success. Work hard in silence, shock them with your results.
- If you aren't your own best friend. You're nobody's friend.
- If you can't see your worth; people will always give you less than you deserve, and you'll accept it.
- Always hold the key to your happiness.
- Don't trust too much; not everyone will hurt you, but anyone can hurt you.
- You're the hero of your story. Stop waiting to be rescued. No one can save you from yourself.
- Conflict isn't always bad; it shows the real side of people.
- Stop telling your problems to everyone you meet. Half the time people are more curious than concerned.
- Success attracts great company, but failures reveal true friends.
Life Lessons for Your finances:
- Savings is spending less than you earn.
- Avoid lending large sums of money to family and friends. Many times they don't repay.
- Designer clothes don't make you better than anyone else. All that matters is that you have a good heart.
- Always invest your money above the rate of inflation.
- If you want to invest your money wisely. Hang around, successful people.
- Spend money to make money, not to impress people.
- If you sacrifice your health to make money. Then you'll soon realize that not even money can give you back your health.
- If you don't know how to manage a dollar. A million dollars will be of no use. Poverty begins in the mind.
- Listen to your pocket, not your eyes.