How to find your talents and utilize them.
How to know your talents and gifts:
How can you tell if you have a talent?
The first thing that you should know is, that you are already talented. You were born with your gift(s). If you're one of those whose talents aren't obvious; you have some work to do. Your talent is trapped within you. Your job is to unearth it, polish it, and serve it. Let's start here:
How to discover your talent quiz:
- What is it that you do that makes others go, wow?
- What do you usually do to make yourself feel better when you want to escape the pressures of life? Some people like to draw, paint, write, sing, dance, etc.
- What do you get the most, well done, good job, keep up the good work, and congratulations for?
- What is it that you're most passionate about?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- When you were a child, what were you usually known for? Did you enjoy being in the kitchen? Did you enjoy being around cars? Did you enjoy disassembling and reassembling things? Did you enjoy helping others? What's that one thing that you spent the majority of your time doing during your childhood? What is it that your parents would normally break your concentration from when it's time for bed, time to eat, time for a shower, etc?
- If you've ever participated in a role play at school, church, work, etc, what role were you selected to play? Why were you given that specific role? Be honest with yourself. The right answer to any of these questions could be the gateway to finding your talent(s).
How to identify your natural talents:
- Are you good at organizing things around the house?
- Are you good at decorating?
- Are you good at resolving disputes?
- Do you make people laugh?
- Are you good at cheering others up?
- Do people always call on you for advice?
- Do you work well with others?
- Are you good at managing resources?
- Are you good at keeping deadlines?
- Are you the go-to person when an issue arises at home or work?
- Are you always looking out for others, especially those that are in need?
- Are you always checking up on others?
- Helping a younger sibling with their homework.
- Watering the plants each day.
- Caring for the animals.
- Applying your friends' makeup.
- Combing someone's hair.
- Preparing daily meals.
- Helping someone to get dressed.
- Reading stories to children.
- Keeping the environment clean.
- Being kind to strangers.
- Caring for a sick person.
- Feeding the homeless.
- Volunteering for an outreach program.