How to find your talents and utilize them.
One of the most heart-wrenching statements I could ever hear an individual utter is, ''I have no talent.'' There is no such thing! Every individual that is living, or has lived upon this earth; was created with at least one talent. I would agree that some talents are easily identified, but this doesn't mean that those whose talents aren't obvious are without one.
How can you tell if you have a talent?
The first thing that you should know is you are already talented. You were born with your gift(s). If you're one of those whose talents aren't obvious; you have some work to do. Your talent is trapped within you. Your job is to unearth it, polish it, and serve it. Let's start here:
- What is it that you do that makes others go, wow?
- What do you usually do to make yourself feel better when you want to escape the pressures of life? Some people like to draw, paint, write, sing, dance, etc. What is your sense of peace?
- What do you get the most, well done, good job, keep up the good work, and congratulations for?
- What is it that makes you truly happy?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is it that you can't stop talking about?
- When you were a child, what were you usually known for? Did you enjoy being in the kitchen? Did you enjoy being around cars? Did you enjoy disassembling and reassembling things? Did you enjoy being around your grandparents? Did you enjoy being around other children? What's that one thing that you spent the majority of your time doing during your childhood? What is it that your parents would normally break your concentration from when it's time for bed, time to eat, time for a shower, etc?
- What is it that captivates so much of your attention that nothing else seems to matter?
- If you've ever participated in a role play at school, church, work, etc, what role were you selected to play? Why were you given that specific role? Be honest with yourself. The right answer to any of these questions could be the gateway to finding your talent(s).
- Are you good at organizing things around the house?
- Are you good at decorating?
- Are you good at resolving disputes?
- Do you make people laugh?
- Are you good at cheering others up?
- Do people always call on you for advice?
- Do you work well with others?
- Are you good at managing resources?
- Are you good at keeping deadlines?
- Are you the go-to person when an issue arises at home or work?
- Are you always looking out for others, especially those that are in need?
- Are you always checking up on others?
- Helping a younger sibling with their homework.
- Watering the plants each day.
- Caring for the animals.
- Applying your friends' makeup.
- Combing someone's hair.
- Preparing daily meals.
- Helping someone to get dressed.
- Reading stories to children.
- Keeping the environment clean.
- Being kind to strangers.
- Caring for a sick person.
- Feeding the homeless.
- Volunteering for an outreach program.
Credit: Photo by Sassu anas from Pexels